Should You Buy the Amazon Kindle?

I like to read! I am a voracious reader - it's what I do. I can't think of any other purchase I have made which has completely changed my life how the Kindle has. Needless to say, like anything, there are both negative and positive attributes. Como comprar en Amazon desde Argentina?

Here are my general thoughts and opinions:

But - it's so simple!

It's straightforward to use and download books on the Kindle. Though you may download straight from the Kindle itself, I usually work through the Amazon site. It's much easier to navigate through the site, mainly if you aren't sure what you are searching for. Amazon has over 450,000 books offered for download. There have just been a very few books I was unable to receive electronically. In fact, this is somewhat of a drawback also because I've found that I'm reading (and buying) many more novels than I usually would and novels that I would likely never have purchased at the shop.

You also have access to numerous newspapers and magazines on the Kindle although you do have to buy a subscription to be able to download them.

Access: With Amazon's Whisper net technology, I can get all the books which are made available for Kindle in Amazon's store pretty much any place on earth. I haven't had any issues with reception or inability to download. The sync from Amazon to your Kindle takes a minute.

Easy on the Eyes: Contrary to computer displays, the Kindle isn't backlit. It's designed to look exactly like regular paper and it depends upon the ambient light for reading. I bought a little clip on light for nighttime reading that assists greatly. I really do wish that the comparison would be better - now the "ink" is dark grey on a light grey background. I believe it could be even easier to see if the writing was darker. But, I have none of the eye pressure typical to looking at a computer screen for extended intervals.


Ergonomics and Design: The Kindle is quite easy to hold with one hand and you can place it anywhere. I frequently prop it up on the kitchen counter or table once I am working. Additionally, it works great on a treadmill. Based on how little you place your font, you may end up constantly clicking to turn pages but this is easily offset by not having to take care of a bulky paper publication.  You don't have to move your hands around to flip pages, the "Next Page" button is intended to be within easy reach of your thumb when holding the Kindle.

Power: It only requires a couple of hours to fully charge the battery. You can charge either in your USB port or using a routine U.S. power adapter. I've had it last through two or three books (months). But if you forget and leave the radio on (as I have from time to time), you'll barely make it through 1 publication (1 week).

Portability: Due to Kindle, now you can take your whole library with you wherever you go. I usually just keep it tucked in my purse. And so, I have it accessible where I go and whenever I want it. The other day I had been stuck in the bank drive through and pulled out my Kindle to pass the time.

Space: My husband is quite happy that I am no longer adding to the boxes and boxes of books I have stored in our cellar!

Other Attributes: Although I have not used these attributes, the Amazon Kindle includes a text-to-speech function, a simple web browser, wireless access to Wikipedia and the capability to download particular documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fire and Water Damage Restoration Professionals

When fire and water damage restoration is necessary, there are different means of approaching each cleanup and repair project, depending on ...